Reicast Alpha 0.r6 Help
You will need the Dreamcast BIOS files (dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin) to run reicast. You need to dump these files from your Dreamcast. We will not teach how to dump or otherwise obtain those files, so please do not ask. Google is your friend.
After you get the BIOS files, create a folder called "dc" at the top level of your SD card. Inside there create a folder called "data" and put the BIOS files inside. Make sure that the names of the folder and the BIOS files are correct! reicast requires proper Dreamcast BIOS files! Just creating some random files and renaming them will (obviously) not work!
reicast does not come with games. You need to dump those yourself. reicast supports the following formats of Dreamcast disc dumps: gdi, cdi, chd (compressed images, only chd images up to version 4 are supported, chd version 5 images are NOT supported). Again, do not ask how to dump or obtain games. Google is your friend (again).
You can access it by touching the reicast logo on the top left side of the screen or pressing left on the D-pad/analog stick of your gamepad.
- The "Browser" option sends you back to the reicast game browser.
- The "Settings" screen allows you to enable the following settings:
- Unstable optimizations (off by default): This enables some optimizations that are not properly implemented yet. The unfinished parts are hacked together until their implementation is finished. This makes the optimizations unstable.
- Turning this option ON makes things faster, but also makes the emulator more unstable.
- Limit FPS (on by default): This enables the internal frame limiter.
- Turning this ON makes reicast stop from running too fast.
- Use mipmaps (on by default): This enables emulation of MIPMAPS. This is meant to be always ON and not have a configuration option. Unfortunately some driver bugs for PowerVR SGX produce GFX artifacts when this is used. Thus, the need for this option.
- Disabling the option if your device has a PowerVR SGX and textures appear messed up will (most likely) fix the errors.
- Widescreen mode (off by default): This is a hack that makes the system output graphics on the whole screen. Some games actually work fine with it, while other show artifacts.
- This should be normally OFF. If a game actually works fine with it set ON, then you might want to use it.
- Frameskip value (0 by default): This makes reicast skip processing and rendering some frames, in hopes of running a bit faster.
- Set this option to 0 unless reicast runs really slow. In that case, you might want to increase it a bit.
- The "Paths" screen allows you to tell reicast where the folder with your BIOS files and where the folder with your game files are placed.
- Note: When selecting where you BIOS files are, do not select the "data" folder. Select the folder that has the "data" folder inside it!
- For example, if the path is "/mnt/sdcard/dc/data/" then you need to choose the "dc" folder.
- The "Input" screen allows you to select and assign the controllers you want to use with reicast.
- Note that while some controllers are supported by reicast, some others are not. Be sure to let us know if your controller is supported!
- The "About" screen just shows some information regarding reicast.
This can be accessed by pressing back, menu, select on your device